CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Filling In The Blanks

I know, there is not really that much written in my profile. So I thought I would fill in
some blanks. First off, I am 40 and a mother of 2 bio children. My son Dante - is 20 (not living
at home) and my daughter Skylar is 17 (is living at home). I will fill in more about those two as time goes on. I am currently a foster mom to my 4 yr old nephew, Sebastian (Bash). I am in the middle of completing his home study so that he can forever have a stable home with us. Bash has been with me for about a year now - it has been really good for both of us, but has had it's trying times as well. I will be so happy to get his adoption finished. I feel like it is really just a formality at this point. I also have 3 dogs Radar (140lb deaf Great Dane), Willow (104lb Great Dane), and Irie (10 lb Pomeranian). They are my babies as well.

Christmas 2006

From left to right: Bash, Willow, Skylar, Radar, Dante, Timmie, Irie

I am sure that everyone is wondering why I have decided to add one more to my "Chaos and Insanity". There are actually a few reasons. I had actually been looking at adopting a baby girl from China before I got news that my sister had lost custody of my nephew. I decided I needed to put the China plans on the back the back burner to get Bash settled. Now that he has settled in it is time to re-visit international adoption. China has closed it's doors to singles. This led me to have to consider other options. I knew I did not want to pursue adoption in the US. I am currently in the middle of trying to get this done and it is really just too much. I really did not want to look at Eastern European adoption for quite a few reasons. I may re-visit those reasons a little bit later. I really wanted to continue to look at Asian programs. I stumbled on to VN and have not looked back. Even with the increasing wait times for a baby girl - I am still more than willing to trudge through the long wait and the mountains of paperwork. The country and its people are so beautiful. It is amazing that a country so ravaged by war can be so beautiful and seem so peaceful. I can not wait to go! I want to take it all in - the people, their culture, and their country. I plan on bringing the whole family with me so that we can all experience the beautiful country where our special little Jane Grace was created.

I hope this has helped fill in a few of the blanks. I will add more as time goes on. I will also add more pictures of everyone.


0 comments: