CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 9, 2007

Long Day

Today has just been one of those days. It started with waking up late and rushing Bash to school. Then every single odd/difficult person came into be seen or have some crisis solved. My life is full of other people's crisis's. I guess that is just part of being a Nurse - problem solver to the world.

I went and had Bash's physical done for the adoption. He had to get 5 - yes 5 - injections. Poor kid! He did good - but I hated to have to be there. We took a trip to Mickey D's for food and playtime after the vaccine torture. Then we had to have ice cream and rent a movie. He seems to be surviving. I have doped him up with Tylenol and Motrin to help with any vaccine reaction and his poor soar thighs.

On the VN adoption front - I have decided to send in an initial application into Los Ninos International (LNI). After looking at more information and calling my agency I have realized that they have only had 4 referrals since last year. I am number 18 on the list waiting to register. The list to register also doesn't seem to be moving to fast - it has been a week and no movement. Beyond that I do really like GOL but I would like to feel like I am making progress. I spoke with Jean Erichsen today from LNI and I was very impressed with our conversation. I really liked what she had to say. So, LNI may be the winner for my adoption - only time will tell.

And for all of you out there who may have been worried - I did make it to the store last night! The long distance family crisis seems to be moving in the right direction but far from over. At least I will be able to sleep tonight.


Skylar and Bash

Dante as Elvis

0 comments: