CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Toys, Dogs, and Home Visits

Gianni and her son Jack came down from the Bay Area for a few days. It was a lot of fun. We always have tons of fun when she comes down. I took her, Jack, and Bash to Ceaser's Palace and the Forum Shops. They loved it - it is a really cool place. I tend to take all of the Vegas sites for granted. The best part of the whole trip was our time spent in FAO Schwartz. For those of you who don't know FAO Schwartz - it is a huge 3 story toy store. Gianni and I picked out things for our Xmas list for the kids and even our dads. Bash and Jack had a great time. The 3rd floor has arcade games, air hockey, and basketball. Jack practiced the wave board, I kicked Gianni's a#@ in air hockey, and Bash played a snowmobile arcade game. It was a lot of fun.

Bash doing very well at his arcade game

Me wiping the floor with Gianni at Air Hockey

We then went downstairs to the 1st floor to the Soda Fountain. There we made our selves sick with ice cream, root beer floats, and milkshakes.

Me enjoying the biggest shake I have ever seen.

Bash Helping me with the monster shake

Bash enjoying his chocolate ice cream - all over his face.

On Monday I received a call from every social worker known to man. I spoke with Bash's social worker in Oregon, his social worker in Vegas, and the adoption social worker. It was really weird and a little freaky. The social worker in Vegas wanted to schedule a home visit for Wednesday - ugh!!! I hate home visits - it is always very stressful! Gianni was a huge help - getting the house ready. I will be so happy to have this adoption completed and done. Then the stress will be much less. The home study went well. The house looked good. We decided to leave two of the dogs at home and take the other one out while the home visit was being conducted.

The dogs are a real source of stress for me in regards to the home visits. The are like my babies and I always worry that at some point in this process the social worker will make me get rid of the dogs. The reason for these fears - my male dog weighs 144lbs and my female great dane weighs 104 lbs. They are good dogs and very sweet but they are big and a lot of people are not comfortable with dogs that are so large.

Picture of Radar and I - look how big his head is.

Bash and Willow

So the plan was to take Willow to PetSmart and to keep Radar at home. Radar is deaf and usually will lay on the couch like a big couch potato and behave himself. Well that did not happen - he was very bad. Barking and not listening. The social worker was freaked out by his size. The only thing she wrote down for the whole visit was "Big Dog". So now I am worried!! Next time they are all going to Doggie Daycare!

On the VN adoption front - no news from LNI. They have not cashed my check yet. It's been almost 7 days!

BTW, in case anyone is wondering I am feeling much better since my last blog. Migraine is gone, I am in a very peaceful place regarding the promotion, I have decided that my sister has to deal with her own stuff and it is not my drama, and I sent in my application for midwifery school. All is good!!

1 comments:

Anne said...

Just found your site--welcome to the wonderful world of VN blogs!
-Anne, PAP
mntovn.blogspot.com