CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Does The Sky Really Open Up And Rain Babies?

It seems that every time I start down the adoption path I end up with a child. About 2 yrs ago I had really started investigating adopting a baby from China. While I was in the process of researching agencies I received a call regarding my nephew. It seemed that my sister was not going to be able to parent him. So, I put aside the agency research and started filling out all the paperwork needed to become a licensed foster home. Bash arrived almost a year ago. By the time we were settled into a routine I again started to toy with the idea of adopting a baby girl from China. But the Chinese Government was soon to change it's laws restricting single parents from adopting from their country. I looked into other countries and found Viet Nam. As everyone already knows I am at the very beginning stages of the paper chase/home study portion of that adoption. I received a call from my mother that my other sister is sick and is not able, at this time, to care for her 8 month old daughter. It is very possible that my niece will come and spend time with her Aunt in Las Vegas. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. My biggest issue is child care, but I have spoken with the director at my child care center and she has space. Now I will wait and see. I am going to continue with the VN adoption. It just seems funny that everytime I start down the international adoption path I end up with a child.

1 comments:

Midlife Midwife said...

Lucky babies to have such a warm and open heart ready to receive them.