CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Better Today - Just Tired

OK, so it is probably PMS that is making me feel so yucky!

I have picked an Agency - Gift Of Love. I received a phone call today from the agency stating that everything looked good. My initial application just needs to be approved by the Director and then I can be added to the "Awaiting Registration" list. It all seems very funny that I have to wait to wait to register. Oh well, it is what it is. In the message they had stated that it is the agency's rules that they require 1 year between adoptions. I am in the process of completing my home study to adopt my nephew Sebastian (Bash). The agency didn't seem to think it would be a problem because the waiting time for a VN baby girl seems to be about a year. I am going to call the agency in the morning and in the midst of that conversation I will make sure that they understand that Bash has already been with me a year. Maybe that will make them feel better regarding his pending adoption.

You must be wondering how did I finally decide on an agency? Well, it was very difficult to get it narrowed down to the three. I found a yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adoption_Agency_Research/) that has compiled a list of ethical agencies working in VN based on a wide range of criteria. The three I had chosen were on that list. How did I finally decide on Gift Of Love (GOL)? Well, each of the three agencies work out of different provinces. Los Ninos works out of An Giang (south VN), HIC works out of Quang Nam (Central VN), and GOL works out of Hoa Binh (Northern VN). I researched the different province's and decided I like Hoa Binh the best (Hoa Binh means peace - I really like that) - so basically that is it. I have so far only heard good things about all three and all three do humanitarian work in country - which I also really like. GOL also has an interesting payment plan. There is no registration fee and you pay 500.00 a month with payment coupons. Just seems much easier to handle this way then these huge lump sums of money all at once. I also like that they are heavy into education and that they also will send certificates for the Life Book with every milestone. Right now I am feeling pretty good about my decision.

0 comments: