CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bash's Home Study Completed

Yesterday, I endured the torture of Bash's adoption home study - YEA, IT's OVER!!!! The house looked good. I had sent the big dogs off to the Pet Hotel for the night so that we could get the house clean. Although,I did miss them terribly. Of course during the home study visit Bash chimed in with a very important question, "How come our kitchen looks so clean?" I almost died! Out of the mouths of babes. Hopefully, it will all be done soon. The Oregon social worker told me his next court date is 11/22, but they can request a sooner hearing if needed. Although, if I do end up with my niece I would love to time it just right so that Bash's adoption is finalized at the time that my niece is coming down. That way I can take off 12 weeks FMLA for the adoption and use that time to bond with my niece and work on integrating her into my family. Doesn't that sound nice?

As for the VN adoption - I am just not sure what to do. My niece coming down to Vegas is looking more and more likely. Tomorrow, I am going to call the social worker at LNI and explain to him what is happening and ask for advice. I do think I want to proceed even in the event of getting my niece. But how long will they hold my app? This is one of many questions I have regarding the situation.

Other things going on:

Bash received a new bike and has been having fun riding it - I will get new pictures this weekend.

The garage door totally broke and will need to be replaced.

The construction continues on in the office - I can not wait until it is over!

I have discovered that I have a slow, burning hatred for my Home Owner's Association.

More later - hopefully pictures.

0 comments: