CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 3, 2007

Nancy Grace

I just love Nancy Grace - don't you? She is so drama! I just get a kick out of her. I started watching her during the Scott Peterson trial. Tonight she is talking about a women who left her 2 small children in her car while she worked because she could not find a sitter. The children died from heat exhaustion. What a horrible death for such sweet babies. After 8 hours into her shift she states she has to leave work because she is having babysitter problems. She finds her children dead - she takes them home bathes them, redresses them, places them in trash bags, and puts them under the sink with the trash. I just can not believe it! She has a history of mental illness and had her children removed by family services more than once. The system has failed these children. I just don't get it - hard to comprehend. I have been a working single parent for a really long time and never once would I have ever considered leaving my children in the car while I worked - sitter problems or not. There are so many babies out there that need good homes but the government makes it so difficult on the adopting/fostering parents willing to take in these kids. I know because I am personally living it - I know they have to make you run the gauntlet to make sure you are fit enough to raise children. But it is just so frustrating to have to listen to these stories.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi
I have been reading your blog for a little while and I love it! I am adopting from Vietnam, but I am also a foster mother. I know first hand what these poor little ones have to go through! I admire you for what you are doing also~