CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Know I Know - Long Time No Post

I know it has been awhile but I have been very very busy and maybe a bit down. So let me explain:

Since I last posted I have had my phone interview for Midwifery school. It went very well, but I was a little sad that I couldn't talk my way into a sooner class starting. I did try - but it looks like March of 08. I will know if I am accepted around the 1st of December. It went very well - I have no doubt that I will be accepted.

My sister has continued to act erratic. She did check herself into the hospital to get some help, finally. But the behavior hasn't really changed. It really frustrates me that she went into get help and she was discharged with a script for some new meds that cost 400.00/month. How the hell is she going to pay for that? So, really she might as well have been discharged with nothing because she won't be able to afford to buy the meds to get her better. For me, this means I am probably going to eventually get my niece. Sept. 7th is the next court date. If she doesn't show up the social worker told me that my niece will become a ward of the state. OMG - Here we go again!!!! It looks like I won't be surrendering my foster care license anytime soon.

This weekend I put in bamboo floors, painted my room an "Adobe Straw" color, and also got my new bed in place. Here is the link to what the bed looks like:
http://www.teak-collection.com/pages/reclaimed_teak_product-detail.asp?SP_ID=&SKU=BD701
The bed is awesome! It was shipped from Bali - it is made from 50-200 year old reconditioned teak. I guess from old houses in Bali. It is really awesome and I love that no trees had to be used in order for me to enjoy this awesome bed. I am going to order the matching end tables and a shelf as well.

This Tuesday is my home study home visit for Bash - can't wait to get that all wrapped up!

Alright folks - I have to haul a&* to get ready for work - 8 am meeting - yuk!!!
Write more later!

1 comments:

Midlife Midwife said...

The bed is gorgeous. Can I help you with your homework come March? :-) Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope your home study went well.