CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Yes, I Am Still Alive and Well

I know - all of my faithful readers have been wondering here I have been. I have been here trudging along day by day. I think I last left you with Bash's home study being completed. Not much has happened since then. Let's see -

- Still waiting for whatever the next stage is related to Bash's adoption. I do not have any new pictures of Bash - I am working on picking out a new digital camera. So new pictures should be happening soon.

- I have done nothing in regards to the VN adoption. I still want to continue but I have been dragging my feet waiting to see what might happen with my niece. I think I will go ahead and send in the rest of the application. It may be another year before I find out about my niece.

- I am actively seeking a new job. I am having a really difficult time dealing with my boss and the manager that he has hired. How do you hire someone who has not been in a clinical situation in 12 yrs to run a clinic? It is just not good and I am miserable. My biggest reason for staying is my employees and my clinic. I like everyone there and all of my Providers. I am a passionate person with regards to my career and I just don't feel that same passion or even a small splinter of that passion from the others that are in the position to make very important decisions for my department. So, I started filling out apps and sending out my resume. I got a very nice offer from someone very close that I could go down to part time in preparation for school starting and I would not have to worry about bills. Hmmm... could I go back to punching a clock and laboring patients again? I do miss it and 2 days a week would be so very nice. On another note, I have applied for a manager's position at a very busy hospital for a very busy L/D unit. So, that is another possibility - What will I do? Who knows - it is all still up in the air.

- I will be leaving for the Bay area at the end of the month. I can not wait - an adult weekend for me !!! Yea!!!

- We will be going to Disneyland the 2nd weekend in October! Yea!!! It will be so fun. I have not been in about 12 yrs. Can't wait.

- I did get to take a very fun little road trip this weekend to Goldfield, Nevada. I know, most people are probably wondering "Why Goldfield?" Well, a very scary hotel is in Goldfield. It has been featured on several ghost hunting shows. We went to go peer in the windows - creepy. The little town has about 400 people and tons of ruins from the gold rush days. Very cool little place. The graveyard was also cool. I will have some pics from there up soon. The next day we went up to Mt Charleston to have lunch. It was a very nice drive. All in all it was a good relaxing weekend!
More Later
T

2 comments:

Midlife Midwife said...

No matter where you go, I am sure you will be dearly loved by those who work with you. Good for you for looking at all the options.

Timmie said...

yes, but I am sad to possibly have to leave all of my staff and my providers.