CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm "Just" A Nurse

Bash woke up this morning with the whole right side of his face swollen. The lac on his forehead was swollen and red. Damn - I knew it did not look right. I asked several doctor's including his ped. All of them said it looked fine and it was healing. Damn - I knew it did not look right. But I am "just" a nurse. What do I know? I should have trusted myself. I have right on assessment skills. Better then quite a few of the docs I have worked with over the years. I should have just insisted that someone take me seriously. So, we were back at the urgent care again. They had to open the wound, drain the pus, and place a little bit of packing to keep the wound open. He is now on keflex. I feel really bad - I should have trusted me. Now, he is looking at a scar that may need plastics to fix. He has such a cute little face. It makes me very sad.

1 comments:

Carissa said...

Don't feel too bad, I think that everyone has one of those scars somewhere on their body! I think my brother tried to make that his whole body! But next time trust your gut! Good luck!