CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 4, 2012

What has been going on since 2009?

Oh my gosh!!! I have been away for such a long time.  No one is probably even following my blog anymore.  To those of you who may check back from time to time - here is an update on the chaos and insanity that has occurred since 2009.

Where to start?  We no longer live in Las Vegas, NV.  I moved up here in August of 2009 in order to get Vivie out of foster care.  Who is Viv?  Well she was my niece and now is my adoptive daughter.  My sister, who suffers from severe mental illness, lost her to DHS in Oregon when she was less than a year old.  My partner, Gianni, and I tried to have her transferred to Las Vegas like I did with Sebastian.  Nevada refused to accept Vivienne as an interstate transfer.  We even hired an attorney, which was a complete waste of money.  So, Gianni and I had to make a tough decision: have Vivienne adopted out to a strange family and stay in Vegas or leave everything in Vegas (including my home and older kids), move to Portland, Oregon to adopt Vivie.  We chose the latter.  

A year and a half later we adopted Vivienne Rose Filippini Rochon.  Six months after Vivie came to live with us we found out that my sister had another baby - Faye.  We brought home Faye (we have since changed her name to Lucy) home from the hospital when she was only 4 days old.  So, a head count of who is currently residing in our home: Myself, Gianni, Sebastian (Bash age 9), Vivienne (Vivie - age 6), Lucy (Lulu - age 22 mos), Radar (Great Dane), Willow (Great Dane), Zepplin (Great Dane), Irie (Pomeranian), 5 chickens, and one recently acquired porch cat, MeowMeow.

The other big big news is that I have officially completed Graduate School from Frontier Nursing University.  Last week, I passed my boards and am now a Certified Nurse Midwife! Woooooo Hooo! 

This is a very short short breakdown of what has happened since my last blog.  I am sure that more details will come out as I continue to blog (yes, I am going to keep the blog going).  

0 comments: