CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

My New Job ANd Other Things

Hi All!
I know everyone has been waiting on pins and needles waiting to hear how the new job is going. It is going great! We just found out that the opening of the hospital has been delayed another month. So, right now Iam working on getting the unit together. Going through policies and procedures, developing work schedules, and getting education files together - those types of things. My manager is great - we really click. The other Clinical Supervisors are good too. The other day Clinical Supervisor and myself are going to write a proposal for a S.A.N.E. program for our new hospital. Currently, there is only one place in town, UMC, where adult sexual assult victims go for thier exams. We would like to start a program at Centennial Hills Hospital - as well.

Last night I went to the March Of Dimes Nurse Of The Year Awards. I was a nominee but did not win. There were a few scattered people from my old job there. In fact, the person who took my badge, phone, and keys was there. No one spoke to me - thank god. I sat at Centennial Hills's table right next to the CEO. It was good to go and smooze the administrators from my new place of employment. It was a good night but I would have liked to been cozied down in my jammies with my big dogs.

I spoke with my mother the other day and learned that my sister is getting worse. It almost seems inevitable that I will get my niece. Although, I have not heard from anyone from Oregon DHS. I did find out who Vivian's attorney was and I am going to email him every couple of weeks for updates. I just wanted them to know that I was here and available for placement of Vivian if they are looking for something on a more permanent basis. The problem is is that I need to hold off on doing anything regarding international adoption. My house is small and I do not want to adopt another child and then my niece is available but I woulld be unable to take her because my house is not big enough. So, again on hold!

We had a very large dog door installed into the wall in the kitchen. It is 38" tall. WOW -big door but hopefully it will help the dust issue in the house. Before the door I had just been leaving the back sliding door open. The dogs are getting use to it. When I decide to sell the house I can have the door removes and the holes patched.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so glad that your new job is SO much better! I hope that things go well with your niece! I know that you will be such a good mommy to her!

Carissa said...

Sounds like your new job is a good fit and the old job lost a great employee! It is too bad that you have to put your adoption on hold, but amazing that you would wait to make sure your niece is taken care of.

Midlife Midwife said...

Glad to hear the new job is going well. You deserve it!

saucygoat said...

I hope that everything works out for you and your niece. It is sad that circumstances would come to that, but good that she has you there for her.