CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Halloween And Other Stuff

I know it's been awhile but I have been busy busy busy! Since I have not had to work in 8 weeks I have become Mom Taxi and Master errand runner. I have also torn up the bamboo flooring in the family room, office, and weird living area and am replacing it with ceramic tile. It looks great but what a mess. I am so tired of tiling (yes, I do my own tile - even own my own wet saw!). I was hoping to have it all done before my new job started - not happening. On top of the tile I am also painting and adding tall baseboards. It's like a total re-do and a huge job! When it is done I will post pics. I have to have it all done before the last week of November. I have my quarterly home visit from the the social worker. I am sure if she just popped in now she would not be to happy with the way the house looks.

Halloween was tons of fun! I watched scary ghost stories all day, worked on the house, carved pumpkins, and decorated the front. Bash was a very cute Scooby Doo!!!! Skylar and her boyfriend, Eric, took Bash out trick-o-treating. Bash got tons of candy! We had quite a few trick-o-treater's - I love to watch scary movies and pass out candy on Halloween. Much more fun then costume parties. Dante also came by - he had to come for the Witch's Brew. Witch's Brew is a drink I have made every Halloween since the kids were babies. It is a tradition and it is a secret recipe. My daughter bugs me every year to give her the recipe - nope! No can do! Not until she is ready to carry on the tradition in her own home. I also serve donuts with the Witch's Brew. The donuts are to give the kids something to eat while I check candy. I always buy the same Hostess donuts - the ones with the plain, powdered, and chocolate donuts.


Bash-a-dooby-doo

Dante And Bash

Me and Dante - I was a witch. Like my hat?

Skylar And Eric


My Front Yard - ready to scare little children!
Other things going on:
- My washer is broken. So, I have put in a request for a new washer and dryer. I would like the red (yes, red!) front load kind. But for now - I am off to the Laundromat - I hate going to the Laundromat!
- I had to take my TB test for my new job 3 times. Mainly because I had a blond moment and left for Disneyland before I got the first one read. I then had to get the 2 step and ended up having an allergic reaction to the 3rd test.
- I had a complete melt down on the phone with the Oregon SW on Bash's adoption case. Apparently, somethings needed to be done last year that never got done and once they are done it might be another 6 months before things are final. Although, after my meltdown the SW pulled some strings and we think we might be able to get the whole process completed in 3 months. We shall see - I won't hold my breath!
- I did find out the name of the attorney representing my niece. Just so happens that he had no idea that I had my foster license and had told my niece's SW that I would be available if a permanent living situation was needed for my niece.
- I start my new job on Monday - a week of orientation - yuk!!!! But I am excited to get in there and start. I will be assisting in opening a new hospital. That means that I will have some input on how the unit will be set up and our standards. I like that a lot!!! I actually have enjoyed just being Mom at home. I have never had a chance to be a stay at home Mom - it has been very nice.
- Once I get my office put back together I will be starting the paperwork for my Haitian adoption - I am very excited about it! I also want to go and volunteer in a clinic in Haiti for a week. My friends, Gianni and Kara, are also interested. It would be fun if we could all go together.
That is about it - I guess. More later!!!!!

2 comments:

Midlife Midwife said...

The new job sounds wonderful. I am so glad you are enjoying your "vacation". It is very nice to be a stay at home mom sometimes. I'm excited to see the redecorating pictures when you are finished. Thanks for posting the Halloween pictures. :-)

Carissa said...

Sounds like you have been a little busy! Hope the house looks great when you are done! Cannot wait to see the pictures! Hope you enjoy the new job!