CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Upset and Confused

I received a phone call today from my social worker. If you weren't aware, I am looking at trying to get my niece out of foster care. She is located in another state which makes life terribly difficult. I went through the same process with Bash and now I find myself there again. I was told that my application was denied. DENIED?!?!?!?!?!? I can not believe it. The reasons were ridiculous. So, now what? What if my niece gets put up for adoption? Will she not be able to stay with her family? I am so angry! She is my own flesh and blood! The foster system is not about what is best for the child. Bash is doing so good here with me. He has done a complete turn around. It has been a long hard road but it has also been a good one.

I will reapply and I will win - even if I have to hire an attorney!

I will have to say that V's foster mom and I have had a few really great conversations. I have no doubt that baby V is being loved and spoiled. It is good to know she is safe and with a wonderful family.

On another note, I spoke with Cheryl this morning regarding Claire. They are still trying to get a foster home lined up for her. I have been worried for that little girl. I have filled out the adoption application and am ready to go forward with getting her here safe and sound. I am still looking to raise money for her living expenses as soon as they secure a foster home for her. I will be setting up a Cafe Press Shop where the proceeds will go to help Baby Claire.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I will definitely be praying about the situation with your niece...how heartbreaking.
I'm thinking that Claire is going to LOVE her new family! She deserves a mommy like you!! Please keep me posted on your progress. I would love to hear about it.

Midlife Midwife said...

Prayers coming your way and to your niece. I hope the case workers come to their senses soon.

coconutpants93 said...

The current law and order state is all corrupt now. It's all about logic now, not common sense any more. You need to just keep fighting this and let them know you have the 100% right to take care of this child. It's not going to be likely that they can find a better parent than you. You just gotta let them know you have a backbone and that you will just try again if they deny you.